Registrations for 2020-21 are now open.
The Grain Harvest Management Scheme addresses the difficulty of accurately loading heavy vehicles on-farm with bulk commodities.
The scheme provides vehicles with flexibility above regulation mass limits, and so it is designed to help manage uncertainties, like varying moisture content and densities.
The primary benefit of GHMS membership is receiving weight tolerances to reduce the uncertainty when loading on-farm.
Because it allows an efficient grain harvest while protecting road infrastructure, the GHMS benefits the grain industry, the road/transport industry and the wider community.
Participation is open to anyone delivering grain, oilseeds, pulses and bulk fresh cut silage (not baled) from farms to approved GHMS receivers.
How to join
The GHMS operates on a year-to-year basis from 1 July to 30 June. To join the GHMS for 2020-21, please familiarise yourself with the accreditation booklet, complete the assessment sheet and application form and return them to us as soon as possible.
When applying, please ensure:
GHMS membership for 2020/21 is $148 (inc. GST) per vehicle. This price is indexed yearly to the Consumer Price Index.
Continuing GHMS members are able to use stickers from 2019/20 (purple) until Sunday 12 July 2020 inclusive. This allows for 2020/21 stickers to be dispatched without disrupting participation.
However, any deliveries received after 12 July 2020 with 2019/20 stickers will be treated as a normal load and will not receive the GHMS concession.
Please note: You cannot register for the scheme on the weighbridge. Trucks must sign up before transporting grain under the scheme. If you are not registered, Gross Mass Limits (not GHMS limits) will be applied.
Forms and additional information:
Approved GHMS receivers have agreed to work with TMR and AgForce to ensure the GHMS’s viability and success. They are:
(Current as of September 2019)
View larger map
- Australian Agricultural Company Goonoo Feedlot (Comet) Aronui Feedlot (Dalby)
- Australian Mungbean Company, Biloela
- Carpendale Commodities, Goondiwindi
- CHS Broadbent – Toowoomba and Jondaryan
- Dalby Bio Fuels Dalby
- Defiance Maize Products Pty Ltd T/A Corson
- GrainCorp all depots (excluding Fishermen's Island)
- Grainhart Oakey
- Graintrans, Southbrook
- Grainx, Allora
- JBS, Beef City (Purrawunda), Mungindi
- Mort & Co Pinegrove.
- Mt Tyson Seeds (Pulse Division of Qld Cotton), Mt Tyson
- Namoi Cotton, Goondiwindi
- Peanut Company of Australia
- Sapphire Feedlot
- Smithfield Cattle Company, Smithfield Feedlot (Proston)
- SunRice, Brandon
- Waterfall Feedlot Goomeri
- Whyalla Feedlot
- Woods Grains Goondiwindi
- Yarranbrook Farms, Whetstone
Want to know more? Contact us for more information.
Phone: (07) 3236 3100