Recently appointed AgForce Project Officer NACN, Roger Desailly will be based between a home office in Brisbane, a NQ administrative office in Townsville, the AgForce head office in Mary St. Brisbane and will undertake regular travel across Northern Qld / Regional Qld that will commence later this week, with a trip to Townsville to set up the NQ office.
A detailed 2024 / 2025 Project Delivery Plan has now been completed with an associated Project Budget, and commencement of the delivery phase of the Project Plan will commence this week.
The key focus is Northern Qld in first instance, with FMD and LSD as the primary focus re animal diseases, with a secondary focus on other animal diseases and the Southern half of regional Qld - with the following key Project deliverables:
1. Coordinated, (structured i.e. 3 levels of training), consistent and targeted biosecurity training with a mixture of on property / on station F2F delivery with individual on station staff presentations, or where possible to all staff from big corporate / family operations, at major industry events and gatherings (hub model), and online where / as required.
2. Establishment of a NAIL (Northern Australian Industry Leaders) Network to support EAD awareness and response preparedness. Further information and a Terms of Reference (ToR) relating to this initiative will be provided in the near future.
3. Implementation of a cross livestock sector / full supply chain and wider community “biosecurity is everyone’s business” awareness and strategic communications campaign.
4. Delivery of key Northern Australia EAD preparedness and response management scenario planning exercises.
5. Supporting the JCU Vet Students biosecurity response strategy.
6. Update / refresh of current Farm / Station / Property Biosecurity Plans – development of minimum standard and consistent template to complete and training to support.
7. Innovation in biosecurity surveillance and early detection technology e. identification and in field trial / piloting of new tools and potential solutions that may assist with surveillance and early detection.
See links to DAF Property Biosecurity Management Planning.
Roger is available to join any AgForce commodity, policy, regional or other committee at any time to provide an online or in person presentation / update and answer any questions relating to the NACN Project aims and objectives, or national or Queensland specific projects and priorities, as outlined.
p: 0429 051 822