AgForce is encouraging members to check out new minor changes to the Reef ERA Standards for sugarcane, grazing and bananas.
The State Government’s regulatory changes, which came into force on March 17, are as follows:
- Remove duplication of agchemical record keeping requirements, already regulated under the Chemical Usage (Agricultural and Veterinary) Control Act 1988.
- For sugarcane cultivation
- clarify that Smartcane BMP accredited growers can develop, update or verify their own farm nitrogen N and phosphorus P budget
- clarify when areas under fallow are not included for certain requirements, such as the N and P budget
- clarify when whole-of-crop cycle P is excluded from the whole-of-farm amount.
New versions of the ERA Standards are available to be viewed online.