With plans for Beef Australia 2021 now in full swing, AgForce is excited to once again be at the heart of this much-loved event.
Part of our involvement will see our School to Industry Partnership Program (SIPP) present the Suncorp Bank Schools Program – featuring a range of activities to educate students on the origins of their food and raise the profile of the cattle industry.
- Suncorp Bank Schools Program Tour – connecting primary and secondary students with various aspects of the agricultural supply chain including producers, agribusiness, suppliers, and agents.
- Career Conversations @ Beef 2021 - an informal networking event for secondary students. Young professionals present a snapshot into their career, highlighting real-life career pathways into agriculture.
- Teacher Professional Development Workshops - interactive, practical workshops for primary and secondary agriculture, science, hospitality, and technology teachers.
- Westpac Property Tours Bursary Program - a secondary student tour to highlight producer operations across a range of land types and management styles.
- AgForce and Beef Australia Beef Boot Competition – an educational competition for primary school students. Decorate a “beef boot” to reflect the theme “From paddock to my plate – what agriculture means to me.”
- Suncorp Bank Kids Zone - an interactive education space for small children, primary, and secondary school students, with activities including badge making, colouring-in, puzzles, farm toys, and ride on John Deere tractors.
Beef Australia 2021 takes place in Rockhampton from 2 May to 8 May.
AgForce acknowledges the support of the State Government Department of Education, Small Business and Training, and the Federal Government Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment.
Alternatively, you can telephone (07) 3236 3100.
We look forward to seeing you there!