It’s time for AgForce members to air their views as GasFields Commission Queensland (GFCQ) releases its discussion paper on coal seam gas mining and agriculture.
The paper is part of the commission’s review of the Regional Planning Interests Act 2014, and AgForce will be preparing a submission.
It is hoped the review will improve the sustainable coexistence of landholders, regional communities, and the onshore gas industry in Queensland.
Members are encouraged to provide their recommendations to AgForce so they can be incorporated into one submission.
- Targeted consultation closes on 17 March 2021. GFCQ will collate and analyse the submissions to develop draft findings and recommendations by mid-April.
- The commission will consult with Queensland Government agencies and representative bodies seeking feedback on the draft findings and recommendations.
- A draft report will be prepared by GFCQ by the end of May.
- The final report will be submitted to government by 30 June 2021.
- All submissions will be treated as confidential and will not be made publicly available.
Please email submissions to Dr Greg Leach at LeachG@agforceqld.org.au