The opportunity exists for you to become a chairperson to one of the 12 Regional Development Australia committees across Queensland, and with it, help drive regional economic growth and investment.
Queensland’s RDA Committees are responsible for:
- providing independent advice to all three levels of government on critical issues affecting their regions
- collaborating with relevant stakeholders to identify economic opportunities and leverage private and public sector investment
- connecting regional businesses, councils and industry sectors with international trade partners, financial markets, and potential investors
- working closely with community leaders to identify priority activities that will drive regional economic development
- assisting local communities to identify funding sources and develop project proposals to support economic growth
- promoting awareness of government programs in the RDA community
Applications close 23 November 2020.