We all know that Queensland’s mix of fresh air, clean, clear water, pristine landscapes and range of climates allow us to produce the best quality agricultural produce.
Now it’s time to put our money where our mouths are and get behind the Queensland Government’s #eatqld campaign.
#eatqld encourages the community to eat local, stay healthy and support jobs in the state’s agricultural sector, and AgForce has joined forces to spread the message.
It’s never been easier – or more delicious – to get behind our industry.
We encourage you to support local and regional businesses when buying food, and there's plenty of fun ways to do this.
- You can venture out to a local business, whether it's a special lunch on the weekend or buy your groceries direct from suppliers instead of the big grocery chains.
- Add your business to the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries’ Food and Beverage Supplier Directory which showcases products grown, made and produced in Queensland.
- Try one of these delicious recipes created by Queensland Chef Dominique Rizzo and share your masterpiece on Instagram.
- Share a special recipe of your own – we would love to profile your cooking talents, so let us know in the members’ Facebook group, or by emailing email@example.com.
- AgForce members can also share them with us for Envoy via firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatever you do, share your activities with others online – simply add '#eatqld' to your social media posts. You can see all public posts with this tag on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
By spreading the word about the beautiful quality of our food and fibre in Queensland, we can encourage more across the state to support Queensland agribusiness.
Media contact: David Vogler 0418 733 102