AgForce cattle president Will Wilson has been named an #eatqld Champion in recognition of his lifelong dedication to supporting the reputation of Queensland’s quality, sustainable produce.
Minister for Agricultural Industry Development and Fisheries Mark Furner paid tribute to Will for the tireless devotion and innovation he applied to agriculture.
“Will’s passionate advocacy for Queensland’s beef cattle industry is truly inspirational as we unite and recover from the economic disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic,” Minister Furner said.
He made special mention of Will’s critical role in the development of the iHerd tracking software and foundation of MANDRA, which has changed the way rural people record and portray their information.
Will said being an #eatqld Champion was a wonderful opportunity in challenging times to further promote the Queensland beef industry.
“Queensland beef producers have a wonderful story to tell and it’s a story that simply hasn’t been told well enough in the past,” he said.
The #eatqld campaign encourages the community to eat local, stay healthy and support jobs in the state’s agricultural sector.
You can help support the campaign our industry, and all of regional Queensland by
- Liking the #eatqld Facebook page
- Sharing it with your Facebook friends
- Posting your favourite recipes featuring Queensland-grown produce – and photos of the finished product – on the #eatqld Facebook page and tag in @AgForceQLD
- Like and Share recipes that take your fancy with family and friends
- Recommend a local producer on Facebook if they have a page or leave them a Google review.
Media contact: David Vogler 0418 733 102