AgForce Cattle develops progressive policy on behalf of our members for the Queensland cattle industry. Board members are all cattle producers and our fundamental value is that policy is made by beef producers for beef producers.
Phone: (07) 4975 6482
Mobile: 0408 757 448
Phone: (07) 3236 3100
Mobile: 0429 649 881
From paddock to policy: how does it happen?
Policy is developed through talking with our members, either online, via phone or face-to-face meeting. This policy proposal is then taken to the AgForce Cattle Board and debated and a plan is made for its execution. Its execution will depend on the target audience and government body involved (i.e. department, state versus federal).
Our portfolio: policy for progress
AgForce has responsibility for communications, advocacy and policy oversight over:
- Animal health and biosecurity
- Animal welfare
- Industry systems
- Transport and infrastructure
- Marketing, trade and market access
- Rural crime and livestock security
- Industry and government oversight
AgForce Cattle are pleased to have the following partnerships with industry, including:
- Cattle Council of Australia (CCA). All federal industry and regulatory issues specific to cattle are directed for progression through AgForce Cattle's CCA membership. AgForce members automatically have direct membership to CCA. cattlecouncil.com.au
- Queensland Live Exporters Association (QLEA). Recognising the importance of live export to Queensland and Australian beef producers, AgForce has reciprocal membership with QLEA in order to resolve industry issues and promote market access for live cattle export. livexcouncil.com.au
- Queensland Livestock and Rural Transporters Association. Transport costs can be almost half of the farm gate value of cattle, and we need to work with truckies and transport operators to make this happen. lrtaq.com.au
- Livestock Biosecurity Network. AgForce Cattle are partners of the Livestock Biosecurity Network who deliver biosecurity extension services to cattle producers in Queensland as 'biosecurity benefits your beef business'. lbn.org.au