(Meets Commercial Operator requirements)
On successful completion of the course (either by correspondence or through a workshop) you will receive:
- Statement of attainment for the two units:
- AHCCHM307 Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases; and
- AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals
- AgForce Chem Card valid for 5 years
- This meets requirements for the Commercial Operator license
Is chemical accreditation training suitable?
Anyone who uses agricultural and veterinary chemicals in a workplace (large and small landholders, farmers, producers, grounds and maintenance staff, contract sprayers, Landcare and NRM staff, greenkeepers, rural pest management staff, vegetable growers, poultry farmers, orchardists...) can learn how to meet their obligations in the safe transport, handling, storage and application of chemicals. Some prior experience in the above environments is helpful.
What is the course about?
The emphasis is on the safe use of chemicals in meeting your legal obligations and requirements and assisting you to work safely and economically with chemicals. Calibration of spray applicators is a critical part of the training. Two units of competency are combined in a single course via a training guide, course or one-day workshop:
- AHCCHM307 Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases
- AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals
What will I learn?
- Legislation and licensing
- Labels & safety data sheets
- Globally harmonised system: Australian Dangerous Goods
- Integrated pest management
- Pesticides and toxins hazards and toxicity: LD50/LC50
- Chemical transport, storage, disposal, record keeping, spills & risks
- Handling, mixing, applying chemicals & use of personal protective equipment
- Spray drift and weather conditions: Delta T, and
- Equipment & calibration
Which delivery is the best option for me?
Our courses are available either by correspondence or through a workshop.
- Written assessments, phone interviews and video/photos form part of the assessment.
- You will be required to practically demonstrate and visually record some tasks
- Assessments are coordinated by the trainer. Feedback and outcomes, advice and options for final completion will be provided.
Cost: $320 (AgForce members $290)
- Work at your own pace and in your own time, with advice available by phone from AgForce trainers. You will receive an up-to-date Learner Resource (manual) with instructions and an Assessment Guide. The final step is a phone interview with the assessor to confirm your assessment responses and overall competence.
- Download, complete and return this registration form along with payment details. AgForce Training will then send you:
- Learner Resource (training manual)
- Assessment guide to be completed and returned
- Cover letter, enrolment form, prior experience form, student survey, and your invoice copy (paid)
- Work through the Learner Guide and Assessment Guide, call your AgForce Trainer if needed, and post back the Assessment Guide and forms fully completed and signed.
- We will assess your work, arrange and conduct a phone interview and make every reasonable effort to assist you to complete.
- On completion, you will be posted your Statement of Attainment and AgForce Chem Card.
Workshops are available by demand. Please contact AgForce Training on (07) 3236 3100 to discuss.
- One day workshops can be scheduled for groups of 8 or more participants. Contact AgForce to discuss the possibilities for workshops at your business or in the local area. Other local employers may be able to contribute participants to the workshop. AgForce can assist to promote and arrange a workshop to include your employees and others.
- Training duration varies from 1 to 2 days depending on the background and experience of the participants. AgForce will make an assessment using a tailored prior experience form. Generally, those with experience and prior knowledge of basic agvet chemical application will be able to complete the course in one-day workshop format. AgForce trainers can provide additional assistance during and after the workshop if required.
- AgForce will supply a written quote for each individual workshop based on location, numbers and travel costs. Complete this request for workshop quote form.
- AgForce will also advise dates and locations for confirmed workshops on this website and elsewhere.
+ Weed Control Option (completes Advanced Accreditation Course)
- AHCPMG301 Control Weeds. This option requires pre-workshop preparation and some prior experience.
Advanced Accreditation Course (3 unit course)
Cost: $490 (AgForce members $460)
You no longer need to complete 3 units to apply for the Commercial Operator’s license (see above) however this course is available for those who wish to have detailed knowledge of weed control and planning to deal with weeds.
There are 3 units in this course:
AHCCHM307 Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases;
AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals; and
AHCPMG301 Control weeds
Complete all 3 units by correspondence - $490 (AgForce members $460)
Complete all 3 by workshop - see workshop arrangements above
Have you already been accredited for chemical safety? Just need to update your expiring card? This customised course will:
- provide you with updated chemical accreditation knowledge
- help you continue to meet requirements for quality assurance programs
- teach up-to-date WHS obligations
- Workshop Inquiries: email@example.com (07 3236 3100)
- Correspondence registration forms:
- Chemical re-accreditation registration form
- Control Weeds single unit
- Applying to DAF for a Commercial Operator License online